Another 12 great moments of euphoria in films(By Les)
Greetings, Manic Fans. Les here to bring a follow up to my Top 12 moments of Euphoria in Films blog I did awhile back.
Many of you had some great suggestions for moments Iâ€™d missed, so Iâ€™m doing a second list using them and the 7 more moments I remembered to finish out the list. These moments arenâ€™t ranked. Â The numbers are just to keep count.
Warning: Some Spoilers and really happy moments aheadâ€¦.
12. Â George McFly(Crispin Glover) knocks out Biff Tannen(Thomas F Wilson)(Back to the Future)
Oh, HELL YES! How many times have you wanted to do this to a bully? One of the greatest triumph moments in films.
11. Â Twilight Sparkle(Tara Strong) realizes she just got her cutie mark(MLP: FIM: The Cutie Chronicles)
â€œYES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!â€
10. Â Andy Dufrense(Tim Robbins) escapes Shawshank(The Shawshank Redemption)
Now HEREâ€™S a guy whoâ€™s really happy.
9. Â Mr. Spock(Leonard Nimoy) finds out he didnâ€™t kill Captain Kirk(William Shatner)(Star Trek TOS: Amok Time)
Grantedâ€¦itâ€™s a very short moment, but is there any doubt that Mr. Spock experienced euphoria when he discovered that Captain Kirk was still alive?
8. Â Hiro(Ryan Potter) flies with Baymax(Scott Adsit) for the first time(Big Hero 6)
While I couldâ€™ve gone with Hiccupâ€™s first flight with Toothless in How to Train your Dragon, I feel that Big Hero 6 did it better with more flying euphoria on the part of Hiro.
7. Â Buzz Lightyear(Tim Allen) and Woody(Tom Hanks) escape the rocket and fall with style(Toy Story)
â€œTO INFINITY AND BEYOND!â€
6. Â Willy Wonka(Gene Wilder) tells Charlie Bucket(Peter Ostrum) he passed the test(Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)
Gene Wilder really sells it tooâ€¦I love this scene.
5. Â Spike(John Candy) finds out Monty Brewster(Richard Pryor) just inherited $30,000,000(Brewsterâ€™s Millions)
Canâ€™t find a clip of this sceneâ€¦which is a shame, itâ€™s John Candy at his very best. Â Essentially, Monty just told him he’s inherited $30,000,000….and Spike flips out for about 15 minutes-it’s comedy gold and very euphoric.
4. Â Irv Blitzer(John Candy) sees the Jamaicans just qualified in their Olympics trial run(Cool Runnings)
MAN! no clips of this one eitherâ€¦whassa matter Youtubeâ€¦you got a problem with John Candy happy moments?
3. Â Aladdin(Scott Weigner) sets the Genie(Robin Williams) Free(Aladdin)
â€œIâ€™M FREEEEE!â€ screams the Genie, and with Robin Williamsâ€™ voice generating it, it is joyful, jubilant and passionate.
2. Â Patton(George C. Scott) â€œsalutesâ€ his enemy, Rommel, while winning the tank battle(Patton)
Even behind his binoculars, you can tell how happy he is. Thatâ€™s the power of George C. Scottâ€™s voice and incredible acting.
1. Â Bud Brigman(Ed Harris) successfully resuscitates Lindsey(Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio) after she drowns(The Abyss)
In this scene, Bud is carrying his almost ex-wife back to the rig after she drowns. They attempt resuscitation and defibrillation techniques to revive herâ€¦but nothing worksâ€¦it looks like sheâ€™s died and everyone is moroseâ€¦then Bud refuses to give up and puts all his heart into trying one more time to save her life. This is the scene that â€œSan Andreasâ€ was copying. For my money, Ed Harris did the far superior acting job. Thatâ€™s not to say that Dwayne Johnson didnâ€™t do a great jobâ€¦but when Ed Harris did it, I felt his pain, anguish and elation and it made me cry.
And those are 12 more great moments of euphoria in films. Â Did I miss any other ones? Â I’d love to hear any more moments that elated you, my friends. Â Peace.