Hey everyone, Chilton here with a much needed update for the Manic Expression’s third-year special, “The ABCs of Manic”. First off, thanks to everyone who has signed up so far. Originally, I was going to post something like this when al 26 spots were filled, but we want to get this done as soon as possible, so this needs to be addressed.
I’ve noticed that there’s been a lot of confusion about this, andÂ I believe that it’s mostly my fault.Â I haven’t done a good jobÂ of heading this project and getting the word out as I could have, and I apologize for that. As such, I’ve decided to go ahead and set up some guidelines for the project. So here goes:
- The 26 people who sign up for this project must make a short film based on a word starting withÂ the letter of the alphabet given to them by me, Chilton.
- Each shortÂ must be between 2 and 5 minutes long.Â This is to keep the overall anthology as short as possible. An opening sequence is optional, but will not be considered part of the short because I’m getting someone to make openings for the anthology and the shorts.
- Each short must comply to the rules set by Springboard, as the anthology will be posted there before being posted to the site. For more information on Springboard’s guidelines, see James or Fusionator.
- Each short must be titled in the following format: [letter] is for [word].
- Each short must be fully edited before being sent to me.
- Credits must include full names, not usernames.
- Shorts must be sent to me by Friday, January 30, 2015. I will not accept shorts after this date. If a short is not sent in, I will assume that you aren’t participating, to which I will select another member to make one. While I don’t want to take that route, if an alternate is chosen, their video will be due Saturday, February 28, 2015. The only exception is for personal reasons, and to Les due to his job.
These rules might sound strict, but I want this to go as smoothly as possible, and I know you guys do too. Also, to avoid further confusion, the following have agreed to participate (in no particular order):
- The Second Opinion
- That Long-Haired Creepy Guy
- Moderately Annoyed Canadian
- Decker Shado
- Gurning Chimp
- Dom Perignon
- The Man With No Chin
- Mr. Smooth
- The Movie Explorer
- G@briel Gr@y
This leaves one spot left. So please sign up if you want to be a part of this. Deadline to do so will be Halloween day. Oh, and James and Fus, I know I already gave you letters, but forget those because I’m starting from scratch and sending out new ones. So, just to recap…
Deadline to sign up–Oct. 31
Deadline for shorts–Jan. 30
Deadline for possible make-up shorts–Feb.28
And with all of that said, let’s make an anthology so flipping awesome that it’ll make all other anthologies wet themselves!